- Every Six Years, a new President is chosen for us.
- Every Four Years or so, Parliamental Elections are held, but chances are you surely kena walkover.
- Every Four Years or so, you find out you the estate you lived in for decades, suddenly belong to another constituency.
- And after living in Singapore for so long, you finally realise that there is a mayor for Central Singapore.
- Every Four Years or so, you get alot of goodies from the government just to make you vote for them.
- Every Year, before the National Day Rally, there will be news article on "Singaporeans' hopes for PM's National Day Rally".
- Every Year, after the National Day Rally, there will be news article on "Singaporeans support PM's initiatives announced in National Day Rally."
- Every time there is an election, a member of the opposing team will kena "flamed" by his ex-employer, his primary school teacher etc.
- Every Year or so, bus fares and train fares will rise.
- Every Year or so, there will be a craze on certain foods, last time, it was bubble tea, this time on Coffee Bread.
- Because of the craze, may entreprenurial Singaporeans will open shops. And close them down very soon.
- Every Year, the National Day parade will almost have the same programme: Jet Plane Flyover, Marching. Entrance of Ministers, Clap Clap. Entrance of President. Clap Clap. Fireworks. Many Dance items.
- Every Year, confirm got some movie about Singaporeans by Jack Neo. Confirm.
- Every other month, there will be organisations or individuals that attempt to break some silly record, just because they can.
- Every time there is good economy, The papers will praise the government on their good job in guiding our economy.
- Every time there is a slump, the papers will blame the US economy bad, falling currency, SARS, anything but the government on the economy.
- Every once in awhile, you look forward to retirement, but the age to claim back your CPF money seems to be further and further away, when they raise the age limit.
WTF News of the Day:
Escalator safety programme launched at MRT stations along NEL
Singaporeans actually need training to ride escalators safely.
You know why there are so many accidents? Because there are so many passengers vs the amount of escalators in a station. Either you reduce the number of passengers (by increasing train frequency) or adding more escalators. If not, accidents will continue no matter what, because Singaporeans like to rush and cram up the escalator.
Great link of the Day:
The problem is that PAP tends to politicize the things they do for the people... It is not about “election promises” or political capital that one should consider when it comes to the REAL NEED of the people. When there is a REAL NEED, then regardless of who voted for PAP, the government should provide the services to ALL SINGAPOREANS that need such services.[link]