It is a very bad sign when you are the last guy running, and the fat guy in front is running so much faster than you. It is also a very bad sign when the cat Z (40 yr old guy) runs so damn fast.
You know you are back in a SAF army camp when:
- You can smell the familiar armskote oil smell.
- The toilets are as dirty as it was back when you're still in the service.
- Drinks are served using cups floating in a bucket of water. You fill it up with cold water from the dispenser, drink, and throw the cup back to the bucket for the next guy to drink.
- There is a faint smell of shit/bad smell lingering everywhere.
- You get the feeling that everyone there are forced to be present for some reason or another.
- The water cooler serves un-cold water.
- You sit down on the floor for briefings more often than in civilan life.
- Wait to rush. Rush to wait.
I suppose some extra training is in order, if I don't want RT to be forced onto me.
Here's a website i stumbled upon while surfing net when I should be studying for my finals.
Ashleigh Brilliant writes epigrams and draws them on little postcards. So far, over 30 years, he has written over 9000 of them, all of different designs/content. He sells these from his home in california.
Here's some of the funnier ones:
- I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy.
- By doing just a little every day, I can gradually let the task completely overwhelm me.
- My life is already complicated enough, without trying to introduce organization into it.
I am sure i don't want to send my credit card details in an unsecure online form.